Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Air Condition power trip problem

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Air Condition power trip problem

Postby km1125 » July 6th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Are you also sure it was just the A/C that was on? Could you have other loads (like the water heater) or something else on the circuit that you don't normally run?

Always a good idea to feel both ends of the 30A cables after they've been on a good load for a few hours. If they are warm at all, you know you have a poor connection somewhere. You won't notice it if there is a light load... such as a few amps, but get a good load going with A/C, water heater, stove and whatever else and go check the cables after a while to see if you can feel any warmth.

Topic author United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 356 aft cabin

Postby cpoint » July 6th, 2018, 5:39 pm

KM, i have 2 lines, wall plugs, battery charger, oven and microwave are on line 1, AC is on line by itself. Also it is so hot here past few days, just by nature of sun beating on it everything is hot. But I will check after sun goes down. However as suggested here I will check to make sure panel connection for AC is good and tight tomorrow.

Topic author United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 356 aft cabin

Postby cpoint » July 8th, 2018, 9:35 am

Update on this and closing my issue. Yesterday weather was perfect, no humidity. plugged back both lines to my dock side, all worked fine all day. No issues. No warming on panel, etc... Must have been power issue on the doc that day as it was extreme hot, and AC was not able cool it enough that it never stopped, it was running constantly. So all good for now.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » July 8th, 2018, 10:54 pm

If you tripped the breaker at the dock supply, you have to flip it all the way to off, and then on to reset.
I had the same problem this past week. I was tripping the 30 amp dock breaker but was only drawing 22 amps. I had the marina change the breaker and was then good to go.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”