Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

best electric toilet opinions

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

best electric toilet opinions

Postby bud37 » July 7th, 2018, 9:40 pm

I have a question , here is a little background, we currently have an electric head in the boat, I have rebuilt the pump/macerator, it seems to work fine but we have had enough with the racket it makes. During the day it is tolerable but at night just too much. I have read about adding a fresh water pump as an add on, but considering the age of all this stuff I am thinking to replace with something newer in design. No vacuflush.

Opinions please....thanks.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Re: best electric toilet opinions

Postby mjk1040 » July 8th, 2018, 8:44 am

Bud; There appears to be several quite electric toilets out there, however the real question is what are you willing to pay for the quite flush?
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » July 9th, 2018, 12:03 am

I have two Jabsco quiet flush toilets on my boat. I am not sure what brand you have but these quiet flush are not a lot different than the regular jabsco. They are quieter than the Raritan crown heads.
If you really want quiet, vacu flush is the only one I know of that is actually quiet.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » July 9th, 2018, 9:16 am

had this one on my last boat it worked great
http://raritaneng.com/raritan-product-l ... -elegance/
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 9th, 2018, 5:59 pm

g36 wrote:Source of the post had this one on my last boat it worked great
http://raritaneng.com/raritan-product-l ... -elegance/

Compared to the electric macerator type, what is the sound level and flush like....easy install..??
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 9th, 2018, 6:03 pm

tomschauer wrote:Source of the post I have two Jabsco quiet flush toilets on my boat. I am not sure what brand you have but these quiet flush are not a lot different than the regular jabsco. They are quieter than the Raritan crown heads.
If you really want quiet, vacu flush is the only one I know of that is actually quiet.

Yup raritan something or other, like I said it seems to work great, I don't mind the macerator as we have had Vacuflush and manual ones before....its just the noise. How is this quiet flush accomplished ??

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral

Postby g36 » July 9th, 2018, 10:04 pm

It's very quiet see link below 63db and actually uses 1" discharge line instead of 1 1/2" so that makes it easier too. It just bolts to floor. discharge and water in from back. It has a full China bowl and a normal size seat. Here's a link that shows a great youtube demo of it
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... eNcn32E6Br
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 10th, 2018, 8:48 am

g36 wrote:Source of the post It's very quiet see link below 63db and actually uses 1" discharge line instead of 1 1/2" so that makes it easier too. It just bolts to floor. discharge and water in from back. It has a full China bowl and a normal size seat. Here's a link that shows a great youtube demo of it
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... eNcn32E6Br

Thanks..by the looks of it seems to be what we are looking for.....how did the control panel work in actuality, are those choices something that gets used allot.??

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral

Postby g36 » July 10th, 2018, 10:34 am

Yes the choices are nice. It depends . like to save water and if no toilet paper used etc. Or someone not familiar with marine head just push and go. Shop around for the best price. Cant recall where i purchased mine from. Raritan support I find is friendly and helpful when Ive called
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 10th, 2018, 11:56 am

Thanks...so from your post I gather you installed it....how did that go for you....did you have to do anything special to keep water in the bowl like discharge hose loop or such ? I will have a fairly easy time of it as the waste tank is only a few feet away and the raw water thru hull is the same ...havent really decided to use that or the fresh water system yet.
Huh shouldn't have said easy time cause I think the fridge will have to be pulled out to access the rear for the control panel........ :beergood:

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”