Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Finally Launched

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Finally Launched

Postby RGrew176 » July 12th, 2018, 3:32 am

Finally after a long wait I did get into the water. My boat launched for the season on June 29th. That is the latest I have ever hit the water. The wait was for the company I hired to do my hullsides buff and wax. While it was worth what they charged me I question if it was worth the wait. It does look great so I guess it was worth it.

The launch went well. Both engines fired right up after their almost 8 month nap. Since I had to work that Friday I only took a short shakedown cruise. The following day I did make a short trip to Bob Lo Island Marina for a boat club rendezvous. I stayed for the day.

The launch was not totally trouble free. When I got back to the dock and hooked up my shorepower I found that my A/C was not working. I am getting power to the unit as the blower fan does come on. But, I am not getting any power to the thermostat for some reason so I cannot turn the unit on. So, for now no A/C. I have checked what I can check so I guess it is time to call in a pro to see if it is fixable. I am not sure how old the unit is but it worked fine the last 3 seasons. In fact it was working last year the day I pulled the boat out of the water although it was in heat mode that day, November 2nd.

I am prepared to install a new unit if needed but am hoping it is some sort of simple fix. It is a Cruise Aire unit which I believe is now Dometic. I called customer service and without seeing the unit they thought it could be the electronic card in the unit. I don't want to break anything so I am not getting to involved in taking things apart. I tried to pop the thermostat cover but it did not seem to want to move. Of course I am probably doing it wrong.

Anyway the boat is in the water and I have had it out a couple times now last time for the Trenton Michigan 4th of July Fireworks.

Finally, my boating season has begun.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Finally Launched

Postby bud37 » July 12th, 2018, 6:47 am

Finally huh....well you're in now, good stuff and have a good season...... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » July 12th, 2018, 7:21 am

Wow! I thought you went in the water a while ago! That is late for a season start... perhaps you'll have to extend into December this year to get a whole 6 months in!! ;)

RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » July 13th, 2018, 3:19 am

km1125 wrote:Wow! I thought you went in the water a while ago! That is late for a season start... perhaps you'll have to extend into December this year to get a whole 6 months in!! ;)

Sounds like a great plan but somehow I think Mother Nature will have other ideas. Usually I come out first week in November. I do plan to launch earlier next year.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » July 13th, 2018, 3:21 am

bud37 wrote:Source of the post Finally huh....well you're in now, good stuff and have a good season...... :beergood:

Thanks, I will try. Got to get that A/C working though. Hope it can be fixed but will go with a new unit if necessary. Question is do I want to spend the $$ necessary for a new unit this year or wait until next. Kind of hard not to have it once you get used to it.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

Return to “General Boating Discussion”