Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

My heads are not getting power and my A/C's are not either

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
jwrape
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 79' Carver 28 Mariner Twin Pleasurecraft 302's (For Sale $12,300)
85' Carver 3207 Aft with Mercury 5.7L

My heads are not getting power and my A/C's are not either

Postby jwrape » April 17th, 2014, 7:16 am

I bought my 3207 a couple weeks ago. It seems that both heads and my A/C systems are not getting power.
Everything looks to be intact but neither heads have power or make any noises when the buttons are pushed.
My Heads are Raritans.

Anyone had loss of power to either the heads or the A/C units before??? If so, what was it?
I have both Head switches and the A/C breakers on in the power panel.
Maybe there is a fuse or something that I am unaware of.

eric_b
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3227 Convertible

Re: My heads are not getting power and my A/C's are not eith

Postby eric_b » April 17th, 2014, 11:00 am

Are you still connected to shore power and is your 110 breaker on? Typically AC only runs on 120v. I am not sure about the heads, but they should run on DC.
1986 Carver 3227 Convertible

Topic author
jwrape
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby jwrape » April 17th, 2014, 11:51 am

eric_b wrote:Are you still connected to shore power and is your 110 breaker on? Typically AC only runs on 120v. I am not sure about the heads, but they should run on DC.

Yes, I have both 30 amp breakers on and all powered on. I've got no power.
Also have all three batteries connected

eric_b
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver 3227 Convertible

Postby eric_b » April 17th, 2014, 12:21 pm

it could be a grounding issue. On the AC is there a start position on the control knob? can you hear the AC pump running? There could also be a fuse on the AC Unit as well.
1986 Carver 3227 Convertible

Topic author
jwrape
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby jwrape » April 22nd, 2014, 9:16 am

YAY!!!! I got it......I figured them out.

I removed the power panel and found that one switch lead was disconnected and hanging down behind the panel. No power going through that wire. The other one, wellllllll, that one had the switch installed upside down, so I thought I was turning the Head switch to the on position but I was actually turning it off.

Then after getting the power restored to the heads I got them spinning but still not flushing.
After pulling apart the entire front head I found that my Joker valve was stiff. I went to West and bought a tri-slit joker valve for a Jabsco pump and put it in and they both work perfectly. The rear head is a little weaker but I think it's because the previous owner used a yard hose for the water supply and it's kinked over a little. I will be replacing that real soon, but they both flush.

Now the A/C, I traced the power supply from the dock to inside where it goes into a relay that is old a worn. I found that someone had replaced one but not the other so I just ordered a new one and will fix it this weekend and SHOULD have my A/C units working.

I'm fixing these little things one by one.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”