Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Off season therapy

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Off season therapy

Postby bud37 » November 11th, 2018, 8:52 am

Garmin acquired Navionics back in the fall of 2017 I believe...
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » November 11th, 2018, 10:40 am

WOW Hans, that does look nice. Great job!

Darrenlife....what brand/model drain plug light did you have? Bright enough? Some of the brands require replacing the plug fitting. Trying to avoid that. BoatPlugLight has a 3 light model, Medusa, but it appears I need to change out the drain plug fitting. Really don't like the idea of pulling out something that is sealed, providing no issues currently. Thanks for your input.

Follow up comment on navigation equipment....all manufacturers change their models more frequently than I change underwear. Wish they would stick with their winners a little longer. Have a great day all! Packers play today!
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Canada
darrenlife
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2002 Carver 410 Sport Sedan

Postby darrenlife » November 11th, 2018, 1:44 pm

Cooler, the drain plug I had was this one:

I liked the remote to change colors and effect!

Packers shouldn’t have a problem against the Dolphins today, my Steelers won again on Thursday!

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » November 11th, 2018, 11:20 pm

I really like those drain plug lights. My 3007 does not have a drain plug so I will not be able to put in a drain plug light. My last boat did not have a drain plug either.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » November 12th, 2018, 10:49 am

Morning Darrenlife, thanks for the response. Your link brought me to the general Amazon site. I can get to the page with a bunch of lights, please tell me which one you had. Could you install it in the existing plug fitting? How far did the light extend out of the transom? My swim platform extends 3+ feet beyond the transom. Thanks.

Rick - there are a number of options that attach to your trim tabs. You can run the wires through an existing hole so you do not have to cut more holes.
Cooler By The Lake

Canada
darrenlife
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2002 Carver 410 Sport Sedan

Postby darrenlife » November 12th, 2018, 11:28 am

Sorry about the Amazon link, here is the description: Ronben Set 9LED 27W Cree Led Multi-Color RGB Boat Drain Plug Underwater Light IP68. It threads into the standard drain plug socket leaving about 1.5" depth of the light from the transom.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » November 12th, 2018, 12:59 pm

darrenlife wrote:Source of the post Sorry about the Amazon link, here is the description: Ronben Set 9LED 27W Cree Led Multi-Color RGB Boat Drain Plug Underwater Light IP68. It threads into the standard drain plug socket leaving about 1.5" depth of the light from the transom.

Found out you cannot copy paste a link into a thread if it goes to Amazon. Instead use the URL feature. And low and behold. https://www.amazon.ca/Ronben-Multi-Color-Drain-Underwater-Light/dp/B01I8XU9ZG
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
mbenner
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1993 Carver 300 Aft Cabin

Postby mbenner » November 12th, 2018, 4:15 pm

Greetings from the mid-south where boats stay in the water year 'round even though the weather is not ideal for cruising. Having grown up on the banks of the Maumee River, south of Toledo, I have memories of the winter haul-outs. When I was a young lad, my Mom used to rent space in our old 4-car garage in Waterville for winter boat storage. My brother and I loved having the boats there and talking with their owners when they would come to do their winter maintenance projects. I have specific recollections of a Chris-Craft cruiser and a Chris-Craft runabout and their owners. I have enjoyed keeping boats at a number of marinas on the Mississippi and Tennessee rivers and am currently refurbishing my 1993 Carver 300 Aft-cabin at Midway Marina at Fulton, MS on the Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway. Midway is certainly not full service, but the staff is friendly and helpful and pricing is reasonable. They get LOTS of snowbird and Looper business. I have not had great luck getting in personal contact with anyone at Carver and would love to get a name and possibly a phone number that I could call to get information. If I have any information of value to my fellow boaters, I'll be happy to share!
Michael Benner
The Black Rose
1993 Carver 300
mbenner1950@yahoo.com

Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » November 12th, 2018, 8:20 pm

Hi Michael, try this number. Jeff Broder at Carver Customer Service. 920.822.3214 Do not tell him where you got the number. If he drags it out of you, tell him some guy with a 52 ft Command Bridge you ran into at a marina. He is a great guy and loads of help. Have your hull number handy. He should be able to pull up the actual build inspections for your boat. It may be better to use his email at first jbroder@marquisyachts.com A lot less intrusive, he will respond.
Cooler By The Lake

United States of America
mbenner
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1993 Carver 300 Aft Cabin

Postby mbenner » November 13th, 2018, 7:09 pm

Thanks for the contact info, Cooler! I'll hold onto it and use it sparingly.
Michael Benner
The Black Rose
1993 Carver 300
mbenner1950@yahoo.com

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”