Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 325 Opinions

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
SteveW
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Looking for our 1st big boat

Re: Carver 325 Opinions

Postby SteveW » December 1st, 2018, 6:32 pm

Hans, other than yachtworld, is there another good place to see Canadian flagged boats? You are right about the current exchange rate.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » December 1st, 2018, 6:54 pm

Boatdealers.ca.......georgian harbour yacht......westwind yachts.....georgian bay yachts....pride marine...just a few.......most put ads on yacht world though.....etc
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » December 1st, 2018, 7:07 pm

Another view on the sedan style boat....bridge ladder yes, but a big bridge makes up for it, good view.....access to boat all on the same level, platform to cockpit then salon ....only a few steps down to galley, stateroom with door and full bed , separate shower, bunks in separate room....sleeper sofa...good engine access, cockpit deck.
These are a few of the things my wife and I have realized over the years and my guess is you guys are a bit younger than us so the one ladder will not be the issue as it is for me now. Carver has a nice layout boat like that.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » December 1st, 2018, 8:16 pm

The Carver 325 has a lot of space for the size and will run well and economically (for a boat) with those engines. One thing that may be negative is it doesn't have a separate shower, you have to shower over the toilet so you whole bathroom is wet whenever anyone showers. Can be a PIA.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » December 1st, 2018, 10:28 pm

bud37 wrote:Source of the post Welcome to the forum Steve....so a question for you, why limit yourself to a 32' ? One thing I can say is that if you are going to have your kids etc along , you will appreciate a boat with sleeping on both ends...:

I’m not familiar with the 325, but the 3207 is a true aft cabin. My brother used to have one

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » December 3rd, 2018, 1:01 pm

Steve, I have a 95 Mariner 330 and it is a perfect balance of size-power-handling for me. Beam is 12'4", which allows all kinds of people space, and is easy to single hand the vessel. Just a 3 step ladder to gain access to the bridge from cockpit. Again, very easy compared to 4, 5, or 6 step ladders. The bridge is a little lower than most comparable boats, so you can still get it on a trailer for hauling if need be, without removing any boat structure. Here is a link to Carver's brochure resource, so you can take a look at floor plans of various models and years. At the end of each brochure is a model comparison layout.
If you can, make sure you connect with previous owner(s). I was real lucky, bought direct from owner. Got to know him during a few inspections. He was a retired engineer. I knew anything that needed repair during his tenure was done the right way, as he was as just as nit-picky as I am. https://www.carveryachts.com/support/owners-guides/
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » December 3rd, 2018, 1:07 pm

Ooops! Sent wrong link. That was owner's manuals. Here is the one for brochures.

https://www.carveryachts.com/support/brochures-specs/
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Canada
Rocket09
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver Aft 325 - 1995

Postby Rocket09 » December 3rd, 2018, 9:47 pm

Hi Steve, I own a 325, 1995 for the past 3 years. Very happy with it, this year we did 90 hours for an average of 45,00$ an hour. I had amajor refits (I wont go into details) but I and my mecanic where surprised that the hull stood by.

It is a very quiet boat, I usually go a 8 mph, but not afraid to go at 25mph.

Perfect for two people and the occasion visitons.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » December 3rd, 2018, 11:00 pm

Don't know that much about the 325. I have a 3007 Aft Cabin and it is very similar to the 3207 I am assuming aft cabin model you are considering. The nice thing about the aft cabin models besides all the extra room is its a 3 step ladder from the aft deck up to the bridge. In my case I am alone aboard most of the time so the 3 step ladder is a big plus when single handling any boat. I am also amazed at how much more room the 3207 has over my 3007.

Hope one of them works out for you.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
nazinteck
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 325 Carver Aft with twin Gas TB350 XLi engines

Postby nazinteck » December 6th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Happy Holidays Steve W and welcome! I have been boating out of Western NY for 32 years and have enjoyed several styles and manufacturers of power boats and my wife and I currently own a 325 Carver Aft Cabin. Ironically, I just purchased the 1997 in FEB 2018 in the Clayton area and specifically out of Spicer Bay. My previous Carver was the Santego 34 with an LOA of about 41' . Like you, we wanted to keep the LOA of this purchase at 32", the 325 is about 35'. The 325 works great for our needs and I can operate it easily without anyone else on-board. The bridge is easily accessed for a couple of 60+ year olds and the boat is very responsive and gas economical too. The Aft deck provides adequate seating for us and our friends. I like working on my boat and engine access, like most boats. is generally OK. Both engines present a challenge to get at on the outboard sides, but it's do-able. The four on-board battery placement is well thought out. The generator is center line mounted and also easy to get to. The vessel has twin 80 gallon fuel tanks mounted on the port and starboard sides and although I'd like to carry more fuel for better range, the engines are efficient and help address that problem. I also have a "dock box" on the swim platform and it's a good place to keep dock items and cleaning materials stowed properly. The Aft cabin space is good and suits our needs. The Salon seems spacious. Boating friends, even those with larger vessels, love to visit the Comfort Zone. Most can't believe just how big this 32' boat feels. The beam is sufficient enough to assist in the feeling of spaciousness. The ride is stable and your up high at the helm. I guess you can see I like our purchase and looking forward to Spring again. Spring can't come soon enough for us. Good luck in buying your next vessel. If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose the 325 again in a heartbeat. Happy Holidays and best wishes for some successful boat shopping.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”