Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Shower sump pump

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Bella Notte
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1979 voyager 3326

Shower sump pump

Postby Bella Notte » June 23rd, 2014, 9:17 am

1979 voyager 33 feet.
Does anyone know where the shower sump pump can be found?
There is a large box in the bilge near the macerator for the head but I'm thinking that box is the pump that goes with the head which was updated in 2006.
As you can tell i'm new to this and any help would be appreciated.
The switch for the shower sump pump is located in the head to the right of the sink.

United States of America
Seif911
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1977 Carver Mariner 33'

Re: Shower sump pump

Postby Seif911 » June 24th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Hello,
So I am very new for is type of boat also. I think I have figured it out but maybe I am wrong. Let me tell you a story :)

Last year, the first year of our Carver Yacht, we found that the tank below the toilet was filling up. I went to the marina spot where they happily pumped it out. Shortly after, it seemed like it was full again. "How could this be?", I asked myself. It was only a few weeks later. I went to have it pumped again. They pumped it again and said it was good. Days later, it was full again! I am stressing on the kids...who the heck is leaving this toilet water running? How can we be full again? Ok...now here is where it pertains to you!

I finally figured out that the switch by the sink, pumps the tank from under the toilet to a much bigger tank, where the marina can pump it out. The shower drains straight to the bilge...I believe. I never took a shower...we'll not in the boat :)

Sorry for the long answer.

Steve
Thanks,
Steve

22' Godfrey Hurricane Fun Deck, Fiberglass hull, 175 HP, Deck boat
24' Chrysler Cruiseliner III (Lonestar), 120 HP, Aluminum Hull, Cabin, 1968
33' Carver Mariner, fiberglass hull, 520 HP, Yacht, 1977

Bella Notte
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Bella Notte » June 25th, 2014, 1:49 pm

Thanks
Think mine is a little different. Book says to turn on the shower sump pump before showering. That switch is by the sink but I can't locate the actural pump. I'd try to trace the wires but they all join together in the wiring harnes. Don't find the books or the wiring diagrams very helpful at times.
My head was replaced in 06 and it also has a small holding tank under it.

United States of America
Seif911
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1977 Carver Mariner 33'

Postby Seif911 » June 25th, 2014, 10:23 pm

Hmmm...you can't hear the pump noise and follow it, I am assuming. My pump is below the refrigerator, if I pull a drawer out, I can see it. Can you pull the floor hatch and listen? Pull the hatches and all the drawers out, turn it on and listen. Sorry, I have a mariner and probably not the same, like you said.
Thanks,
Steve

22' Godfrey Hurricane Fun Deck, Fiberglass hull, 175 HP, Deck boat
24' Chrysler Cruiseliner III (Lonestar), 120 HP, Aluminum Hull, Cabin, 1968
33' Carver Mariner, fiberglass hull, 520 HP, Yacht, 1977

Bella Notte
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Bella Notte » June 26th, 2014, 7:29 am

It doesn't seem to be working at all. When I put a 12 volt test light to the switch it just about lights. Wanted to work back from the pump by following the wires. I've had a bunch of bad wiring so far.
Thanks for the input.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”