Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 3207 Exhaust Hose

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Carver 3207 Exhaust Hose

Postby ataylor233 » December 24th, 2018, 7:39 am

While Removing the Aft cabin Carpet the other day i noticed on the Port side bed platform that it was wet near the bottom. not exactly sure why so i removed the mattress and took a look at the exhaust notice a Blue stream of liquid (antifreeze from winterizing ) doing a bit more digging i noticed a spot where the exhaust is rubbing against a wood support and has worn thin. Ok so that's about 48 inches of hose does anyone know the size i believe its 4 inch soft side hose.. i just want to order the right hose.

48417904_10161101762170183_487836687720775680_n.jpg

48417904_10161101762170183_487836687720775680_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Carver 3207 Exhaust Hose

Postby bud37 » December 24th, 2018, 8:11 am

Good catch.....all the original hose info you need is usually stamped on the hose, have a look at Shields 4" ID hose with the blue stripe, either soft sided or hard, the hard has wire in it and there are a few different temp spec hoses ( thicker ).......if you remove that piece you can take it to the supplier ( marina etc ) and have them match it.....have a good holiday season.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » December 24th, 2018, 10:33 am

If you have the original (uncompressed) pic you can probably zoom in to read what it says on there. I think I see where it says 4" but can't be sure because it gets too blurry.

ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby ataylor233 » December 24th, 2018, 9:50 pm

bud37 wrote:Source of the post Good catch.....all the original hose info you need is usually stamped on the hose, have a look at Shields 4" ID hose with the blue stripe, either soft sided or hard, the hard has wire in it and there are a few different temp spec hoses ( thicker ).......if you remove that piece you can take it to the supplier ( marina etc ) and have them match it.....have a good holiday season.

Yeah I am glad I caught it now I will examine the hose a little closer and match it this weekend. Thanks for the advice

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » December 24th, 2018, 10:31 pm

Hose size could be 3, 4, or 5" depending on the size of your blocks. 4" is pretty typical though. Use "Marine Wet Exhaust" hose. You can use use hose with or without wire. The wired hose is more difficult to work with. Some have single, some have double wound wire. You can also use the silicone type exhaust hose. At that location, I wouldn't worry too much about getting higher temp rated hose. The normal stuff will do. Double clamp all your joints and stagger the bolts on the clamps 180 deg. Secure the hose every couple of feet. When you install the new hose, wrap the wood support with something to prevent it from chafing the new hose. While you're at it, you should check the starboard side exhaust and wrap the support if it applies there too.

ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby ataylor233 » December 24th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Thanks im going to order the hose it is 4 inch wet soft side rigid something like that lol thanks for your input I appreciate it

ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby ataylor233 » December 28th, 2018, 9:41 am

Just FYI i was waaaaayyy off The Wet SPot is from the hydrolic Trim Tab Tank... and The exhaust leak the clamps was loose so i went through all of them to insure they are tight.

United States of America
fleck05
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1983 Carver 3607 Aft Cabin

Postby fleck05 » December 28th, 2018, 10:47 am

YES! You just confirmed what I've been figuring on our boat. A wet spot in the aft head has an exhaust hose going right under it. Being in the head I originally thought it was a leaky fixture, but to confirm I shut that head off from use (we have two) and haven't used it it for 2 months... still a wet spot. This is great to see. Question: Did you need to pull the boat out of the water to repair it? (It seems like a big yes on that since the exhaust is under the water line). The exhaust line on the starboard side of my boat is much newer, so it looks like they swapped that one out at one time, but didn't want to go to the expense of the second one (it probably wasn't leaking yet).
1983 Carver 3607 Aft Cabin

ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby ataylor233 » December 28th, 2018, 12:50 pm

fleck05 wrote:Source of the post YES! You just confirmed what I've been figuring on our boat. A wet spot in the aft head has an exhaust hose going right under it. Being in the head I originally thought it was a leaky fixture, but to confirm I shut that head off from use (we have two) and haven't used it it for 2 months... still a wet spot. This is great to see. Question: Did you need to pull the boat out of the water to repair it? (It seems like a big yes on that since the exhaust is under the water line). The exhaust line on the starboard side of my boat is much newer, so it looks like they swapped that one out at one time, but didn't want to go to the expense of the second one (it probably wasn't leaking yet).

My boat is out of the water already but this is something that can be repaired in the water the exhaust is above the water its easy to route but pulling the hose from the muffler is a challenge but doable. Depending on the year of your boat the connection to the exhaust tip might be a little hard to get to. Good luck

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » December 28th, 2018, 1:46 pm

So the blue colored liquid is antifreeze ?
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”