Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

350 Mariner battery shelf

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author Canada
Agriman
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 350 Mariner Twin 454 Crusaders

350 Mariner battery shelf

Postby Agriman » February 28th, 2019, 11:09 am

I need to replace the battery shelf. It appears that the old one is decayed and leaving some debris to clog the bilge pump. Has anyone done this ? I assume when I remove the battery boxes there will be some type of brackets fastened to the stringers. With the generator in the way its going to be a stand on your head job. Any suggestions appreciated.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: 350 Mariner battery shelf

Postby g36 » March 1st, 2019, 8:00 am

my 405 just has wood pieces screwed into the fiberglass stringers and then a wood shelf on top of that the batteries sit on. i know its a different boat but may just be the same thing. sorry you gonna have a pain to replace though.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 1st, 2019, 8:31 am

I have replaced both battery trays.....the big one was fastened to the stringers with four long screws, two on each side thru the wood. the other smaller tray is obvious.......really easy job, I re-used the side supports as they were still ok, just new ply shelf, then built a large battery box to fit on top to hold the house battery bank.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author Canada
Agriman
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 350 Mariner Twin 454 Crusaders

Postby Agriman » March 1st, 2019, 8:58 am

Thanks for the replies. I hope my side supports are going to be ok as well. That would make it a little bit easier.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”