Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Boating/Golf......ASAP...

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 9 Weeks to Boating/Golf..

Postby bud37 » February 28th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Well the saving thing is interesting, BUT, all we have been doing is buying things to install soon.... :down:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » March 1st, 2019, 3:25 am

I've been buying too but unfortunately not for the boat. A new TV & Blue Ray player, new watch and some new furniture have taken some of my $$. Gotta put aside a few boating bucks now.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » March 1st, 2019, 3:52 am

My wife has been redecorating big time since we hauled the boat, unfortunately it is the house, not the boat. New kitchen and appliances and a new fireplace. Boating is cheap in comparison. :help:
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 1st, 2019, 7:18 am

Midnightsun wrote:Source of the post My wife has been redecorating big time since we hauled the boat, unfortunately it is the house, not the boat. New kitchen and appliances and a new fireplace. Boating is cheap in comparison. :help:

Does this explain you being up all night...... :-D
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » March 2nd, 2019, 11:47 am

Well....the weather cycle is not synced up with our countdown, at least here. ANOTHER 5" of snow last night, below 0 temps for the next 2 days, and then a major storm making it's way from the southwest coast. My schedule today,....go blow snow AGAIN, shovel snow off sidewalk AGAIN, slip & slide on the layer of ice under the snow AGAIN. :censored: Somebody make it stop!!!!! Immediately after that fun & frolic, going out to CBTL with a bucket of ice, and get SF drunk. ( JK - probably not a good idea to be consuming alcohol in the mood I'm in ) Just going to find a buzzzz! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 8 Weeks to Boating/Golf..

Postby bud37 » March 2nd, 2019, 12:00 pm

Buddy, we are right on track...8 weeks to go...we have snow now again as well..... :-O .....but next week is DST so just a matter of time. When it starts to melt it will go quick, then the panic will be on for lift in..... :-D

So a question for the lucky ones with indoor heated storage....at what temp do they maintain the building where you are.?? Is it warm enough to wax etc ?

United States of America
Sadey
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Former owner of a 2003 Carver 356 with 8.1 Mercs
Agradecida
Current owner 1989 60’ Hatteras MY with 8v92 Detroit’s
Benedetto

Postby Sadey » March 2nd, 2019, 2:26 pm

Cooler, come down to Racine tonight. Reef Pointe is putting on a dinner and drinks shin dig. We will all pretend its July together.
Thank you for the help!

Dave & Trina

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » March 3rd, 2019, 11:47 am

Cooler wrote:Source of the post Well....the weather cycle is not synced up with our countdown, at least here. ANOTHER 5" of snow last night, below 0 temps for the next 2 days, and then a major storm making it's way from the southwest coast. My schedule today,....go blow snow AGAIN, shovel snow off sidewalk AGAIN, slip & slide on the layer of ice under the snow AGAIN. :censored: Somebody make it stop!!!!! Immediately after that fun & frolic, going out to CBTL with a bucket of ice, and get SF drunk. ( JK - probably not a good idea to be consuming alcohol in the mood I'm in ) Just going to find a buzzzz! 8-) er

Just think about what all that snow will do for our lakes. Lake Erie is predicted to be at or near record levels this season. As a boater, snow is a good thing when it comes to our water levels. For that reason I like snow. We have not had that much here where I am this season. Last I checked Lake Erie was 7" above its level one year ago.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » March 3rd, 2019, 12:39 pm

Sadey - wished I saw your post yesterday. I would have definitely come. My son was in Franksville so I could have doubled up on visit time. I was blowing snow, did not come back to posts. Dang it!! That would have been more fun than sitting on CBTL all by myself with my Absolute and Pineapple. How did the event go?

Bud - 50 degrees in my storage. It's warm enough to use a single step cleaner/wax, but it seems to be a little greasy at removal. I do not put any heavier paste wax on until it gets warmer, 60ish. Seems the hull temp does not allow a good drying time and the wax does not soak in the pores of the gelcoat. Most manufactures disclose 50 as a minimum temp. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » March 3rd, 2019, 12:47 pm

Rick - I agree, water level makes cruising more fun. I think we are going to be up another 6 inches easily. The ice is right up to the bottom of the steel beams supporting our finger piers. Any additional is going to cause some damage. 4 years ago people on the fixed piers had to build ladders to get down to their boat. Last year we were stepping up a little. This year is going to be interesting. Going to also be a lot of stuff floating in the water at launch time. Trees and stumps. Stuff to avoid. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”