Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Hydraulic Swim Platform

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author Canada
Makin Waves
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 46MY

Hydraulic Swim Platform

Postby Makin Waves » August 5th, 2014, 8:51 pm

We own a 2005 Carver 41CMY, we have seaweed dinghy davits and a dinghy as a tender. Under power last week the davits bent and i almost lost the tender. The factory swim platform seems low in the water. I am looking to have a hydraulic platform installed, does anyone have experience with this?

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Re: Hydraulic Swim Platform

Postby Lyndon670 » August 13th, 2014, 10:34 am

This is the third time I have heard of this with a 41 CPMY this year. Apparently the lift needs to be raised higher on the platform. One of the lads in my marina raised his after bending it and problem solved.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Hydraulic Swim Platform

Postby g36 » August 21st, 2014, 6:45 am

i would love to have a hydraulic platform on my 405 however my friend with his 390 searay had one installed last year and i see that i will most likely never justify the cost for me. he had florida bow thrusters do it and was very very pleased with their work he is very picky. i would look into them for sure. however his cost for the complete job was about $26000. i know he consulted with another company but cant remember the name.so the price was not way out of line with their quote. his install is all hidden below the water so there is nothing except the platform you'll notice on the outside above the water line when raised. the other company had some of the mechanism above the water on both outward sides of the boat which were part of the mechanism to raise and lower the platform. sure it works ok and i've seen theirs on other boats and i like the hidden look better. the one he chose looks really nice. the platform sure would be awesome but.... ouch!
but that cost may be pocket change for some.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”