Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Switching to blue lighting

Topic author United States of America
kkochner
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse

Switching to blue lighting

Postby kkochner » August 5th, 2014, 10:15 pm

I am wanting to switch all my bridge lighting to the blue lighting rather than the white lights. Does anyone know the best place to buy the blue lights? Also do I just need to by replacement blue bulbs or will need a whole new fixture to switch to blue lighting?

Thanks for any info or advise!
1998 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse
Volvo D-12 Diesel Engines
Port of Tulsa OK

SomeDayCame
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 57' Carver 570 Voyager

Re: Switching to blue lighting

Postby SomeDayCame » August 8th, 2014, 12:41 pm

I'm a new Carver owner and my boat has read lighting. Not really answering your question I know but wanted to throw this out. Being retired military we always used red lighting at night. This allows for keener night vision and adjustment if you are out with minimal ambient light around. Same thing in planes when we conducted night airborne jumps. Red light in the aircraft while jumping allowed us to see but also keep our night vision intact. Good luck

United States of America
Luv'n Life
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 380 Santego SE

Postby Luv'n Life » August 9th, 2014, 9:14 am

I second the suggestion for red lights. Red does not reduce your night vision. Any other color will.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » August 9th, 2014, 9:43 pm

what ever color you go with just open the fixture get the number off of the bulb and purchase the equivalent led dont need to replace any fixtures.

side note i do like the red for night vision and effect. i have noted that my friends that have blue bulbs on their boats get alot more bugs attracted to them than my red lights.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author United States of America
kkochner
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse

Postby kkochner » August 11th, 2014, 11:15 am

Those are some good thoughts...I may have to reconsider although I am not our all that much at night. Still gives me something to think about! Thanks for the responses much appreciated!
1998 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse
Volvo D-12 Diesel Engines
Port of Tulsa OK

Return to “The Project Center”