Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Deck railing skirt material

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
porbe
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Deck railing skirt material

Postby porbe » August 20th, 2014, 9:54 am

On my 1995 325 AFT the hard panels on the outside of the rails are missing. This is the railing on the deck just above the aft berth. It appears they were cut off as I can see grinder marks on the railing where some of the mounting holes are.

My wife wants hard side skirting vs. canvas. I'm going to DIY this but have them custom cut. Does anyone know what material I should use? Where can I find the stand offs Anyone done this before or have some tips?

Thanks in advance.
1995 Carver 325 AFT

Mkemper
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 86' carver 3207 Aft
[IMG]http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff498/mjkkemper/null_zps98e8d64b.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Deck railing skirt material

Postby Mkemper » August 20th, 2014, 10:55 am

We put Kingstarboard on a few years back. (Carver 3207) It's HDPE. It came in 50" by 10-0" lengths. I had them cut it in half in that 25" tall was a perfect size. Lanard plastics which I think is national carred it. Used a heat gun and clamps to bend the corners. I have pictures of it in the project center under the Carver revised thread

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » August 21st, 2014, 7:14 am

do you think this boat could have come this way from carver with hard sides? have you called carver parts and asked brett? seems like i read somewhere they will still cut the plastic for you if it was a original design. if you do call please post or reply to what you decided to use.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Steamboat Willie
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 325 Aft Cabin

Postby Steamboat Willie » August 26th, 2014, 6:08 am

I talked to Brett at Carver about replacing one of my panels that was broken. They do carry the material, but it was so expensive I did not even consider it. Sorry, I cannot remember the prices he quoted me.
David & Mary
1997 Carver 325 Aft Cabin
Nightmare

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”