Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Vitrifrigo DP 2600 refrigerator

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Jsmith1572
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 84 carver 3607 aft cabin

Vitrifrigo DP 2600 refrigerator

Postby Jsmith1572 » May 9th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Hi everyone! New to the group. I just purchased a 84 carver 3607 aft cabin vessel and the freezer section of the fridge works great! However, the fridge doesn’t get below 60 degrees ferenheit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Vitrifrigo DP 2600 refrigerator

Postby Viper » May 9th, 2019, 4:36 pm

Welcome aboard.

If there is a buildup of ice on the evaporator (in the freezer), it will be inefficient. Too much ice will also block the passage between the freezer and the compartment below which will prevent that compartment from cooling down properly.
Did you try defrosting it?

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » May 9th, 2019, 10:42 pm

I have this fridge I totally agree with the above. I can always tell when I need to defrost because the temp will rise in the fridge section while the freezer is still nice and cold. There's only one compressor so if the freezer is getting to 0 or so it's working like it should . Defrost should take care of your issue.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » May 10th, 2019, 1:29 am

Welcome Aboard. You've come to the right place for info about your Carver. As you have already found out someone here has the answers to your questions.

Very knowledgeable people here.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » May 10th, 2019, 10:19 am

g36 wrote:Source of the post I have this fridge I totally agree with the above. I can always tell when I need to defrost because the temp will rise in the fridge section while the freezer is still nice and cold. There's only one compressor so if the freezer is getting to 0 or so it's working like it should . Defrost should take care of your issue.

Totally agree, but this also means you don't have good air circulation in the fridge section. If the air in the fridge part was blown past the frosting in the freezer part, you'd have plenty of cooling and the frosting would be gone.

The to OP: I'm curious about how that unit fits in the space and how well you like it. I have the same boat and am considering replacing my old Norcold with a new unit. Do you have any pics handy of yours?

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » May 10th, 2019, 10:49 am

what i see with the fridge is the evaporator in the freezer over time ices up like any fridge thats non defrost will, which will cut down on the amount of cold air that falls into the fridge section, this is how the cold air moves to the fridge section there is no fan built in to aid in this like a home fridge, the build up is especially behind the evap. when defrosting it you will see you think your done but then find there will be a fair amount of build up coming from behind the evaporator which you would not have seen. i may have to defrost mine 2 times a year.I don't know if it was needed but in my my rv fridge it is so on the lowest shelf i also did add a small circulating fan in the fridge i think it helps maintain a even compartment . I have no issues getting temps into the mid 30s and below 40 sometimes lower( which is too cold) in the fridge section we also keep ice cream in our freezer which was my wifes must have with a new fridge. i do recommend this fridge for those looking and . fyi if i recall correctly on my install on my 405 i only had to cut maybe 1/4 or so in width to get the new one in the space where the old norcold was.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”