Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Clarion disk changer stuck

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Clarion disk changer stuck

Postby Cooler » May 15th, 2019, 11:18 am

Hello all! I loaded up my cartridge for my Clarion CD changer yesterday. Re-inserted, turned the power on and I got a message of ERR - 2. Tried to eject the cartridge from the changer, and it does not come out. Sounds like it is trying to change a CD. Unit hold 6 CD's, thinking I may have loaded one wrong. Any thoughts on how I can get that cartridge to eject out of unit? The cartridge is separate from the control unit. Thanks! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Great Britain
Peter
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 38ss 2007

Re: Clarion disk changer stuck

Postby Peter » May 15th, 2019, 4:19 pm

pay the shipping & you can have my one i dont use it anymore changed everything to Fusion Apollo

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » May 16th, 2019, 12:02 am

cooler, maybe you had a cd in the player when you loaded the cartridge. If this is the case, the only way I know of is to remove the changer open the case and manually pull out the disk. Happened to me many years ago.

Topic author United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » May 24th, 2019, 6:35 pm

Update - solution to problem. Took face plate off changer. ( Just pops off by squeezing in edges ) There are 2 tiny black screws to remove the unit front plate. Use magnet driver. Could see a CD half way in/out. Managed to get a needle nose in to move that CD a little towards the cartridge. Hit eject button, and the machine returned the CD the rest of the way. Put a little upward pressure on cartridge and it came out the rest of the way. Re-installed all CD's, avoiding the one in position 3, which was the CD that was hung up to start with. Unit now works like it always did. YEAH! J. Buffet is back in the system, singing those Island songs! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”