Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

fuel treatment

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
henry
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1987 carver mariner 32 ft

fuel treatment

Postby henry » September 23rd, 2014, 5:44 am

last winter filled tanks with non eth fuel only got to run boat on one trip of 6 hours do i need to retreat remaining fuel

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Re: fuel treatment

Postby Lyndon670 » September 23rd, 2014, 8:18 am

Short answer yes.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

After Taxes
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 'After Taxes'
2004 Carver Mariner 360
Lake Simcoe & Georgian Bay,
Ontario, Canada

Postby After Taxes » September 25th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Hi Henry,

My favourite winter fuel stabilizer for many years, has been Stabil.

Available in Walmarts, Canadian Tire, etc., it has provided me with fool-proof fuel storage solutions, on many boats, inboard and outboards, lawn mowers, snowblowers, gas weedeaters, etc.

How large in your fuel tank?

For my 100 US gallon tanks, I add a full bottle - 946 ml - of Stabil to each tank. 946 ml will treat a hundred gallons, but my tanks are not full, but it's ok to have extra Stabil in the fuel. Then, go for a few runs in the boat to mix it up and get fully through your engine. You will love the product and your engines will start up easily next spring. Here's a link to see the product I use.

Oh yes, it ALWAYS goes on sale in the fall, so look around. I can get the 946 ml size for around ten bucks, on sale.

Good luck.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/automotive/performance-chemicals/fuel-stabilizers-storage/regular-fuel-stabilizer/sta-bil-fuel-stabilizer-0380908p.html#.VCR6_rV0zIU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2004 Carver Mariner 360
MerCruiser MX 6.2
Lake Simcoe, Ontario

Topic author United States of America
henry
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1987 carver mariner 32 ft

Postby henry » October 1st, 2014, 11:20 am

thank you

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”