Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

End of season

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

End of season

Postby Ramsport47 » October 26th, 2014, 8:59 am

So, yesterday (Saturday, October 25th), I took PartnerShip on the 3 hour trip to her storage destination. When I left Cedar Point Marina, the waves were less than 1'. AWESOME, I thought! By the time I reached the Chagrin River (65 + miles away), Lake Erie had swelled to 3' to 5' waves in a following sea. It was the first time in our 2 seasons of owner her that she had been in that big of water. I must say...I LOVE THIS BOAT! She did exceptionally well in that water, not slamming even once. I left Sandusky Bay at 25 MPH (3200RPM) and entered the Chagrin River at the same speed and RPM, not changing it the entire way. BRING ON NEXT SEASON!!!! :-D
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Canada
PCOMT
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: "BRAKSPEAR"
1981 3007 Aft Cabin

Re: End of season

Postby PCOMT » October 26th, 2014, 10:39 am

Sounds like a fun trip!

Mixed emotions though, it is always hard putting our toys away until next time we can play with them... :cry:
Peter

Retired, but not tired, Looking forward to getting out there!

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”