Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Charging the house batteries

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
captainswampfox
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver Voyager

Charging the house batteries

Postby captainswampfox » November 15th, 2014, 5:46 pm

I put new alternators on my Cummings 450's about 2 years ago and it has blown the fuse back at the battery. Don't know when they blew :( One had a 10 amp fuse and the other a 2 amp...both blown. I can't seem to find in any of my manuals what the amp size of the fuse is really suppose to be....can anyone help?
There are / should be four fuse holder within 7 inches of the house batters. Two ARE 2 amp but they go to the inverter. It's the other two that come from the back of each alternator that I need to know about.
Thanks in advance.

Return to “Electrical”