Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Unbelievable!!!

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
sloopjonb
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 455

Re: Unbelievable!!!

Postby sloopjonb » November 26th, 2019, 2:47 pm

Well, you guys had a great idea calling Carver. Brian was out but I spoke to Pat, and he got back to me an hour later to tell me that the access is in through the cabinet under the sink. I had looked there but saw nothing so I'll have to see if I can remove or cut into one of the panels inside the cabinet. At least he gave me the nerve to try! I'll let you know! I must say, those Carver folks are terrific!

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » November 26th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Yes they are! There was a time when I was trying to find access to an A/C unit, but had to look a couple of times. Turned out there was a simple lock/latch that held up a section mounted to a hinge. That latch was just out of sight unless I had my head inside the first door under the galley sink. Carver customer service is just "unbelievable"! Have a great day in Holiday!
8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » November 27th, 2019, 10:38 am

Sometimes the answer how to do something is right there and you just have to look at it enough to figure it out.
Once I needed to replace my fresh water pump. It was located in a tiny space with the only access, a small floor hatch underneath the companionway steps. I must have stuck my head in that space dozens of times and spent hours trying to figure out how to take that pump out and replace as getting to the screws that held it in place was virtually impossible. Finally, it dawned on me...don"t take the pump off the mount it was on, but remove the entire mount with the pump on it. That was pretty easy to do, but it took a long time to figure it out. The answer was right in front of me, but I couldn't see it.

Topic author United States of America
sloopjonb
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 455

Postby sloopjonb » January 30th, 2020, 1:34 pm

UPDATE: Fixed the forward shower hose that had slipped down between the tub and hull of the boat. I was able to remove the valve lever and plate behind it, then remove the valve's mounting screws and push the assembly to the side just enough to hook a finger around the shower hose where it attaches to the valve. I pulled it through the opening then was able to thread it back through the its mounting hole on the rim of the tub. The threads were fine - the shower handle had just unscrewed from the hose, and was apparently hanging by a thread when we bought the boat. Got everything back together and now we have two fully functional showers. Yea!!! Thanks to everybody for encouraging me to find a way.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » January 31st, 2020, 2:50 am

We all just love happy endings. :approve:
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club