Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Volts 1/Volts 2/ Auxilliary switch

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
motolandbill
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1979 Carver Mariner 28 twin 220 HP Crusaders V-Drive

Volts 1/Volts 2/ Auxilliary switch

Postby motolandbill » August 12th, 2014, 10:27 pm

I have a 1979 Carver Mariner 28. It's in EXCELLENT shape no hack jobs it's been maintained properly it's whole life. The ONLY issue I am having is when I switch the auxiliary switch on either control console to "Volts 1" I get no fuel tank reading for that engine but "Volts 2" works fine. I have already done all of the obvious things... Cleaned leads and plugs, looked for any disconnections.... Is this possibly a battery connection issue? I'm lost. Everything else works as it should. Maybe fuel sending unit? I can monitor the fuel knowing I keep equal amounts in both tanks (actually I always put a little extra in the tank that won't show the level to be safe... ) I just want my old boat to work 100% correctly. HELP! :help:

Great laker
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 36 Mariner 3697
Mercruiser 454's

Re: Volts 1/Volts 2/ Auxilliary switch

Postby Great laker » January 20th, 2015, 1:09 pm

Did you test the sender on the fuel tank in question?
Marsh
1986 Mariner 3697

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Re: Volts 1/Volts 2/ Auxilliary switch

Postby Lyndon670 » January 20th, 2015, 1:15 pm

Easy test. Switch the wires from V1 to V2 on the back of the gauges. This will tell you if its the sender, or at the least on that side.

Next test is to switch senders, again easy test.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Return to “Electrical”