Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

what is this object?

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author United States of America
hardchines
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 1980 Carver
Santa Cruz

what is this object?

Postby hardchines » February 2nd, 2015, 10:05 pm

Hello, I recently (5 months) bought a 1980 Carver 2667 (santa cruz). I am converting this planing 26 foot cabin cruiser to a go slow mini trawler with all the bells and whistles, at this point I am working on sorting out the wiring and running lots of additional wiring. well I finally cleaned off the bridge and started looking at what I had to work with up there, what I found was a round 2 inch panel plate (looks like a standard 2 inch gauge at first glance, but has a red light and a toggle switch, looks factory, any one know what it is? Thx Mark R.

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Re: what is this object?

Postby Ramsport47 » February 3rd, 2015, 6:38 am

Sounds to me like an warning indicator for a halon system. Can you supply us with a pic?
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Topic author United States of America
hardchines
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 1980 Carver
Santa Cruz

Postby hardchines » February 5th, 2015, 10:04 pm

I will get a pic. will be getting a halon system but does not have one yet, looked under bridge and it is hooked up to factory wires, did Carver have a switch to use use or activate the bridge instruments or did up and down gauges work at same time?

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Postby Ramsport47 » February 6th, 2015, 6:50 am

All gauges worked at the same time. The pic will help...
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Return to “Electrical”