Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Ac/heat

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
Jwdorner
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1983 Carver 28 Mariner

Ac/heat

Postby Jwdorner » May 15th, 2013, 10:03 pm

I just purchased a ac/heat unit for my 28 mariner. I was wondering where the factory location is.

SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 CARVER 456 MY
Full Bridge and aft deck enclosure
Originally purchased in Staten Island
Second owner also purchased in Staten Island in 2012
Now berthed in Toronto Canada
A wonderful and fully appointed luxury yacht.

Re: Ac/heat

Postby SHEMP » May 16th, 2013, 2:38 am

I had a 32 Wellcraft with a Marine Air system mounted under the forward dinette seat. it was a 12000 btu unit. The ducting ran up in side the hanging locker fwd to starboard. The outlets were a large one to the salon and main cabin area and a smaller vent directed to the V berth. I'm not sure what and how the 28 Mariner setup is , but my suggestion is to mount it any where except under the sleeping berths, the units can be a little loud and disturbing your sleep. The Wellcrafts location was perfect.
Please feel free to contact me for any more info.
Victor

Nclaneys
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985 Carver Voyager 2827

Re: Ac/heat

Postby Nclaneys » October 29th, 2013, 7:03 am

Under the forward dinette seat on mine is a heat exchanger from the motor, in front of the water heater. If you remove the heat exchanger you will see there are vents on both sides of the storage area with plenty of room for the heat pump. Also there is an access door in the floor for running the air ducts. 16K BTU I believe is recommended.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”