Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Ower

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
Jangocat
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1975 28' Carver Santa Cruz, Flybridge,twin 302 Waukasha inboards, shaft drive

New Ower

Postby Jangocat » April 18th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Hi we're new owners. Just purchased a 1975 28' Carver Santa Cruz, Flybridge with full bridge and camper canvas. Twin 302 Wauhesha Fords. Presently slipped in Portland, Or. We're presently considering taking it up the Columbia River in to the Snake River and trailering it home from Lewiston,ID.It's going to be a little bit different we're moving over from a 28' Irwin sailboat. Got to be to hard for us to trailer sail it in Idaho. We got older. There will be some projects on it. Nothing major. We do have to go though the sanitation system and put a holding tank in also had a anchor windlass. More on that later. We will also have some questions for other Santa Cruz owners over the course of time. Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jangocat
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1975 28' Carver Santa Cruz, Flybridge,twin 302 Waukasha inboards, shaft drive

Re: New Ower

Postby Jangocat » April 18th, 2015, 10:40 pm

Some corrections to my first post. Should be add an anchor windlass not had a anchor windlass. Jim

United States of America
AaHubb
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: '99 404 CPMY
my twin diesel pusher

Postby AaHubb » April 19th, 2015, 10:50 am

Welcome! I take it you have been up to Lewiston before.
'99 404 CPMY
SeaDragon

Jangocat
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Jangocat » July 21st, 2015, 11:25 am

Only by car. I lived in Riggins as a kid. My wife's daughter lived in Moscow for quite a while and we made the trip quite often. Fish the Salmon River a lot for Steelhead and Chinook. We may not get to take it all the way because of the time factor. Just don't want to trailer it out of Portland because of all the traffic. we'll be moving it within the next few weeks. The trailer is done and we're going to make a trial run to make sure the trailer will fit. If we have to make any adjustments we will still have the slip for the boat. Jim

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”