Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Synchronizers

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
WeekendLove2
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 1988 42 aft cabin

Synchronizers

Postby WeekendLove2 » September 15th, 2015, 9:02 am

I have an auto-synchronizer. The port engine is showing "-----" and the starboard engine is reading accurate RPM's. I recently had new electronic ignitions installed by service department (first mistake) and now RPM readings on tachometer for port side are all over the place (mostly reading high) and sync not working (again reading zero "----" on port side digital read-out. Any ideas?

United States of America
AaHubb
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: '99 404 CPMY
my twin diesel pusher

Re: Synchronizers

Postby AaHubb » September 15th, 2015, 9:12 pm

On my boat the tachs are feed from a terminal on the alternators. I would start there looking for a loose or disconnected wire.
..Aaron
'99 404 CPMY
SeaDragon

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”