Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Sanitation Lines

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405
"Change In Latitude"
Home port - Charleston, South Carolina

Re: Sanitation Lines

Postby Wayne162 » November 6th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Being unable to locate MDPE pipe with a 1 1/2 ID within the United States, I have decided to go with flexible PVC lines to replace existing sanitation lines. I also have purchased ""Noflex Digestor" to use regularly in the sewage plant! It is also my belief that the boat has original sanitation lines on board (1997), so that may be my problem. I visited three other carvers before I made my purchase. They were 355's - 356's, and all the boats had the same odor when I entered the salon. the selling brokers all said that the boats had just been closed up but never indicated why they had the odor. While I agree with Waybomb and the source of nasty's associated with the raw water, I have no odor from the bowl that I can tell. Its just an ever present musty odor throughout. Opening the boat up helps, but it never goes away. I will let all know project results when completed.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”