Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Carver Owner and thrilled!

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
motoman99
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 370 Voyager

Postby motoman99 » December 12th, 2015, 8:07 pm

I just took possession of my new carver this past week. It's a 1997 370 Voyager in great shape. In fact, just had the bottom painted yesterday and waiting for the wind to die down to get it back to the slip. Have to find a new slip as well, current one is just too thin and rubbing up the sides a little.

Looked for quite some time and opted for this one as I loved the space, large fridge, shower area and one of the few boats I can stand up in at 6'4". A little low when you first walk in but that's ok :).

Had a 36' Hunter a while back and loved sailing but figured I can use this one for an extension of our Condo since it's not terribly large. Not just that but old motorcycle injuries make the shoulder a little sore from winching.

She only has about 800 hours on her, already ordered some new canvas, new front cushions and a few little things but the carpet has some stains so being a bit of a carpenter myself, likely going to pull out the carpet and do something else. Not sure if I'll go for that braided vinyl, hardwood or….?

I'm not one to wait to make decisions so I'll likely start tearing out the carpet next week unless I can fight the urge :). Ordered new curtains and tore out the mini blinds, thinking I'll get some of the cloth mini blinds I've seen at Lowes but I'll search for forum first for some solutions.

Anyway, been dabbling around on the net and this forum seems fun so I'll make sure to poke around. I'm new to the area here so if anyone is looking to say hello and lives around Marina Del Rey, would be great to make some new friends. I'm pretty handy and always willing to help anyone in need so drop me a note if I can lend a hand!

Nice meeting everyone!!

Topic author
motoman99
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby motoman99 » December 12th, 2015, 8:10 pm

PS. My name is Adam.

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Postby Ramsport47 » December 13th, 2015, 7:33 am

Welcome Adam! Congrats on the new to you Carver. As you may have guessed, we think they are the best boats on the water. I am on my third one and looking for the next step which will be in the 37 to 38 foot range. My partner and I REALLY like the 380 Santego, but are not ruling out the 370/ 374 Voyager. I wish you many seasons of happiness with your new yacht!
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

United States of America
Iceagetech
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1987 Carver 2827 Voyager
Twin Crusader 220HP Inboards

Postby Iceagetech » December 13th, 2015, 1:24 pm

I obtained a 1987 28 Carver this past August. I really like the design of the voyager. I was looking for a 32 foot but 28 fits in the sup better, so feel your pain on slips. Doing a few upgrades this winter including new swim platform. Looking for improvements on the crusader inboards.

Good luck.

United States of America
Dewmyster
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1998 370 Voyager

Postby Dewmyster » December 13th, 2015, 5:53 pm

Hello Moto, I am a new owner as well. Bought a 1998 370 Voyager with 650 hrs and couldn't be happier. Except that the season was almost over when I brought her home. We love the space and will use her every weekend. Now on the hard and really nothing to do in the spring except paint the bottom. Good luck with yours. :
:usa:

Topic author
motoman99
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby motoman99 » December 13th, 2015, 11:42 pm

Thank you for the welcome! I've already found quite a few helpful hints on some things I'm planning on doing right away so thanks for that too.

I hear you Dewmyster…sound spoiled with the CA weather but the first weekend of buying my boat, we've had crazy winds and it's pretty chilly for here. Oh well, always tomorrow!

Happy I found a group as thrilled about Carver's as I am. Can't stop looking at the pics of her and thankfully found a slip right outside my condo today, going to be nice to have it so close. Now I just need to make sure I don't spend all my $ on her :)

United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405
"Change In Latitude"
Home port - Charleston, South Carolina

Postby Wayne162 » December 26th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Welcome and good luck with the new boat Motoman99.

:usa:

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”