Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Stern Thruster

Topic author Great Britain
GarryD
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 405, 1999 model, twin Cummins 375hp engines,

Stern Thruster

Postby GarryD » January 5th, 2016, 10:02 am

Hi Lyndon. Thanks for your input, my bow thruster is ineffective. It is not factory installed and I think it has been mounted further away from the bow than is ideal.

I thought it was me driving the boat badly so I had an instructor come along, his exact words were she "Handles Like A Dead Cow, if there is more than a puff of wind drive the thing in bow first at speed". I intend to spend a lot of time on the boat this season practicing handling so your technique will be useful but until I get to that point I'd rather spend the money than damage someone else's pride and joy.

Topic author Great Britain
GarryD
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 405, 1999 model, twin Cummins 375hp engines,

Stern Thruster

Postby GarryD » January 5th, 2016, 10:24 am

Hello G36. I will document and photograph the install, let you know how it goes.

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Stern Thruster

Postby Lyndon670 » January 5th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Perhaps it's not the thrusters location but it being underpowered. Might want to check that out before getting your cheque book out!
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Return to “The Project Center”