Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New owner of a 350 Mariner

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
autopro
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver Mariner 350

Re: New owner of a 350 Mariner

Postby autopro » February 8th, 2016, 10:32 am

Well she finally came in on Friday afternoon and now it's home here in San Diego. The guy that delivered it did a fantastic job and I was very pleased with his professionalism. His company is U.S. Boat Haulers http://usboathaulers.com/ just in case anyone was interested in moving their boat. On the agenda for this week is bottom paint, install radar arch and some routine maintenance on the engines. I also ordered all new zincs for her. If anyone knows of something that I should do prior to putting it back in the water please let me know. Better to do it now than later.

Alright so here are the pics of delivery day! :down:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
feeez
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2001 350 Mariner

Postby feeez » February 8th, 2016, 11:31 am

Make sure the plug is in the back!!!! LOL

ENJOY your new boat

Fraser
Former 2001 350 Mariner owner

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » February 8th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Glad it all worked out Pedro. Check the condition of all the thru-hull fittings, check that all the seacocks move freely, operate the trim tabs and check for leaks. Check the props for impact damage, and the strut bearings for wear.

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Postby waybomb » February 9th, 2016, 12:32 pm

Find out who the local diver is. When I was in California (Ventura), we had a diver go under the boat every 6 weeks, wipe the bottom clean,and he changed zinks and did a general inspection. I am sure you will find a number of references for a reasonable one.

It was a local kid living on a sailboat in Ventura Harbor. If I recall, he charged 25 buck each time, and changed the zinks for a few bucks. Always left the bad ones. With a thousand boats in the marina, some are hot.
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Topic author
autopro
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby autopro » February 10th, 2016, 10:00 am

@ Fraser:
Hahahaha I’ll make sure to tell them, thanks bud!

@ Viper:
Thanks for the info, I spoke to them about this and they told me that it was on their checklist of things that they look into. They already did the bottom paint and cleaned all the thru-hulls but they haven’t told me that they have found any issues, hopefully they won’t.

@ Wyabonb:
I got a few leads on some local guys that service other boats at the marina but I haven’t met with them yet. They are telling me that during the warmer months they dive the boat every three weeks and in the colder months every four weeks. Seems a bit much but almost everyone I’ve talked to about it here in San Diego says the same thing.

Thanks for all the tips guys they are greatly appreciated :clap:

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » February 11th, 2016, 1:52 am

I bet waiting for the boat to arrive was pretty much the same as waiting for Christmas was as a kid. Congrats on the safe arrival. Have yourself a wonderful season. I mean time as you do not have a season per se where you are as you can boat year round.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Topic author
autopro
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby autopro » February 11th, 2016, 10:10 pm

Thanks Rick but I don't know whats been worse, waiting for the boat to get here or waiting for the shipyard to finish all the work so that we can actually get to enjoy it :cry: Hopefully they'll be finished with it early next week so we can enjoy it next weekend.

Topic author
autopro
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby autopro » March 4th, 2016, 10:50 am

So being a 13 year old boat some things are in need of repair or replacement. Luckily there are not that many things that need replacing but some of them are the plumbing fixtures and some of the courtesy lights. I replaced the courtesy lights because they were a bit pitted and no amount of cleaning removed it. I bought some replacement lamps on eBay and I think they look pretty nice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
autopro
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby autopro » March 4th, 2016, 11:58 am

Here's the shower valve and it was also pretty pitted and it also had a small leak at the handle. I haven't finished installing it but I will take some pictures of the final installation this weekend.

Topic author
autopro
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby autopro » March 8th, 2016, 9:21 am

Well here is the final install, came out good and it was pretty straight forward to do.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”