Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Now this is a pretty boat

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author
Capt Keith
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Now this is a pretty boat

Postby Capt Keith » February 1st, 2013, 4:57 pm

I spent a couple of months on a Carver 560 Voyager last summer in the Bahamas. A beautiful boat is some beautiful water:

United States of America
YOLO
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Re: Now this is a pretty boat

Postby YOLO » February 2nd, 2013, 9:02 am

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!!

United States of America
DanM
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Carver 396

Postby DanM » February 11th, 2013, 6:15 pm

A nice article was just written in Power and Motoryacht about the Carver 56 in their Second Time Around section. It highlights the attributes, accessibility, and the great value. One comment was the narrow (for its length) beam of 15'4". I would presume it to be an asset in inclement weather and a little less so when lounging at the dock or on the hook.
Dan

Carver 396
SugarSand Tango

Topic author
Capt Keith
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Capt Keith » February 20th, 2013, 7:55 am

During the trip to the Bahamas, we covered over 3,500 miles leaving and returning from Houston, TX. We had every kind of weather condition possible over the 2 month trip. The beam of the boat was never an issue or consideration during the trip. She handled like a dream is all weather conditions not to mention how confortable the boat was for the extended trip. The 560 is a true live aboard boat and is equally comfortable up on plane cruising at 25mph or saving fuel at 10mph.

United States of America
DanM
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Carver 396

Postby DanM » March 3rd, 2013, 9:08 am

It's on my bucket list.
Dan

Carver 396
SugarSand Tango

GoinSumWare
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 560 Voyager Pilothouse

Postby GoinSumWare » May 29th, 2013, 4:34 pm

So glad to read that great trip report Capt Keith. I am planning a trip from TX (quite a coincidence that you left from Houston as well) to FL and then the Bahamas, and except for the boat davit and flag placement, those photos could be of my 560! I purchased her just a few months ago and so far I have been pleased with the ride and look forward to living aboard.
Carver 560 Voyager
675 Volvo Pentas
Houston TX

angus1
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Looking for 503 506 56 ft

Postby angus1 » June 22nd, 2013, 5:45 pm

This is what i'm looking for the 560 to the 503 and would like to know how you feel on her , i know i can live on all 3 that i'm looking at and would like to know how you feel living aboard , are you mostly on the hook or marinas ? and how much difference is there , Really is Beautiful !!! , Don't think i could live on a sail , maybe a Tandem Sail ???

Looks Great and thank you for your input ....

Angus M.
Angus Looking for my new Home " Live Aboard Carver " , 503,506, and 56

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”