Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Discharge leak from AC Carver 466

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
Alanhuber
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 466

Discharge leak from AC Carver 466

Postby Alanhuber » April 17th, 2016, 8:04 am

Unusual one... I have an 04. 466 Carver with a fifth aftermarket AC unit installed behind the aft deck refrigerator , but that is not the problem. It works fine, however, when I turned on the aft CABIN AC Unit at spring start up I found seawater leaking into the condensation pan of the aft DECK AC unit which then overflows into the salon sliding entrance door Gunnel which has an overboard drain. This isn't a slow leak. It sound as if there may be a line that has come off. But I can't understand the connection between the two units as they are completely separate other than sharing a common sea pump. The sea pump has a five outlet spider manifold , separate feed to each AC unit. How can the AFT deck condensation pan be filling whe I turn on the Aft CABIN AC? I don't see how they could be conjoined with one another

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: Discharge leak from AC Carver 466

Postby tomschauer » April 17th, 2016, 10:12 am

as you have described this, the sea water pump supplies water to all of your a/c units. So, if you turn on any one of them the common pump pumps water to all of them. Therefore, you hopefully have a bad connection out the aft deck unit. worst case is that unit wasn't properly winterized and the condenser (heat exchanger) froze and split.

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » April 17th, 2016, 10:27 am

Tom is right on the money. Energize any unit in the system and the pump feeds all of the units, despite their on/off state.

Fingers crossed it's a line off.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Topic author
Alanhuber
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 466

Postby Alanhuber » April 17th, 2016, 11:21 am

Thanks. Starting to troubleshoot and hoping for a line off. Appreciate the quick responses.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”