Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1999 456

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author
BigMac
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

1999 456

Postby BigMac » July 9th, 2013, 2:25 pm

Hello Carver Owners. We currently own a Mainship Sedan Bridge 40. We are in the process of buying a 1999 456, she is beautiful, and so roomy. She has twin 315 Cummins, 13.5 genset, around 400 hours on the engines, and around 850 on the genset. Shes always been in fresh water. We are about to have her surveyed, I was wondering if their are any certain things that we should look for. Thank you for you time.

Jeff

Topic author
BigMac
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Re: 1999 456

Postby BigMac » July 19th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Wish us luck. We are closing on a Beautiful 99 456 today. She is loaded, and in great condition. Never seen salt water, stored indoors, twin 8.3 Cummins, 450hp each, 400 hours, 13.5 Kohler 650 hours, 5 A/C's, bow, and stern thrusters, dingy, and davit, full Garmin GPS, 7212, radar, FLIR, large spotlight, and more. This is our first Carver. She is on Lake Texoma. Her new name will be " The Brady Bunch " We have 6 kids between us.

United States of America
CYO Admin
CYO Administrator
CYO Administrator

Postby CYO Admin » July 19th, 2013, 2:13 pm

Congrats, Jeff! Welcome to the family!!!

United States of America
AaHubb
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: '99 404 CPMY
my twin diesel pusher

Postby AaHubb » July 21st, 2013, 7:54 pm

Sounds like you will have plenty of deck hands. ; )
'99 404 CPMY
SeaDragon

MissWhit's
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby MissWhit's » July 24th, 2013, 4:20 pm

BigMac/Jeff,
I have a 2001 Carver 406 and I am in the Eisenhower Marina on lake texoma. My boat name is Miss Whit's and just to let you know I love my Carver as it was a dream to come true. Carver is just like many other boats as none are perfect but the layout on the Carves is well worth the purchase. I perform all the work on my Carver as I am a Cost Engineer, if you know what I mean. I have worked on the AC's, Ice maker, replaced the refrigerator and etc. Just remember, Carver DID NOT build the AC units, Ice maker ETC., someone else did. You will love a lot about the Carver and then you will say sometimes "Why did they do this". This last sentence (as I stated earlier but differently) will be said about any boat, yacht, dingy and/or floating device. I hope you and your BRADY BUNCH will have as much fun as my family has over the years and if you need any local information do not hesitate to contact me via this forum. Maybe we should hook up locally and exchange info. I go to Butter Fly cover quite often which is by Grandpappy Marina. Where are you? I am completely new to Forums so I do not know how to give contact information out without the world seeing it. You know, I really do not want much spam comming to me. Again, ENJOY the Carver.
MissWhit's
Lake Texoma, Denison TX
Port: EYC Marina
2001 406 twin 380HP 454 MPI

Topic author
BigMac
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby BigMac » July 26th, 2013, 12:31 am

Thanks everyone. We are loving our Carver. We have been staying on her since purchase. We are at Walnut Creek Marina, about 25 miles from Eisenhower, we usually go to Wood Island aka Family Island. No problems so far, just getting use to the torque of the Diesels, but loving them.

Canada
Preferred
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 455 Carver 1998

Postby Preferred » August 21st, 2013, 12:37 pm

Congratulations Jeff, we purchased our 1999 456-- 4 years ago and are enjoying every minute.
When my wife saw a picture of the layout, we purchased it before we sold our 3607 Carver.
I have completed a few upgrades, plastek on upper helm, aft deck and stairs. Attached an awning to the aft stateroom window , the window can be open even in the rain, and keeps the sun out.
Moved the water heater to the far corner, created a lot of added accessible room. Replaced the 110 fridge with a ac/dc model. I removed the ice-maker on the aft deck( we can make ice very quickly in the freezer/ fridge) great place for 2 storage drawers. The upper cabinet I installed a sliding rack from a shelving unit so the back is accessible. plus upgrades on all electronics, radios etc.
enjoy your new boat
Don

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”