Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Has anyone changed the color of their cabinets?

Topic author
jwrape
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 79' Carver 28 Mariner Twin Pleasurecraft 302's (For Sale $12,300)
85' Carver 3207 Aft with Mercury 5.7L

Has anyone changed the color of their cabinets?

Postby jwrape » April 2nd, 2014, 8:00 am

There is a ton of white grass cloth inlays in all the cabinets in our older Carvers. I was wondering if anyone has modified their cabinets to look more up to date?

United States of America
Seif911
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1977 Carver Mariner 33'

Re: Has anyone changed the color of their cabinets?

Postby Seif911 » April 7th, 2014, 12:04 am

We were considering it but have not yet. We have a few other priorities that are beginning with this beautiful warm weather this week. Let me know if you do. My wife does not like all of the wood.
Thanks,
Steve

22' Godfrey Hurricane Fun Deck, Fiberglass hull, 175 HP, Deck boat
24' Chrysler Cruiseliner III (Lonestar), 120 HP, Aluminum Hull, Cabin, 1968
33' Carver Mariner, fiberglass hull, 520 HP, Yacht, 1977

tfti
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 4207
1991 Fountain 38 PC
Boston Whaler outrage 24

Postby tfti » April 9th, 2014, 10:28 am

I am currently contemplating updating my cabinets on my 4207 keeping the teak outer frame with frosted glass inserts. The interior of my boat is warm and comfortable but I may redo it completely. It currently feels like a log cabin and I think a redo to more like beach house will be a nice change.

Jab
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1978 Santa Cruz 2866
Moosehead Lake, Maine

Postby Jab » May 17th, 2014, 7:29 pm

Might not be apples-and-apples, but...

I am nearing the end of redoing all of the cabinet interior in my old 28 Santa Cruz. It was mostly mahogany- solid and veneer. It was originally a varnished "honey" color and had been poorly maintained. I removed everything possible (all drawers, doors, some cabinets, wood trim), stripped/scraped/sanded to bare wood, and am refinishing with Interlux "ChrisCraft" red mahogany wood filler. Eventually will gloss-coat varnish. The drab brown carpet (floors and berth walls) will go next, replaced with laminate floor on floors, and new carpet on walls. Next year hopefully all the mint-green cushions will be reupholstered. This year they just get covered with pillows. I'll post pix when I finish. Hopefully before we launch next Friday...........

JB

artcarguy
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Mariner 36

Postby artcarguy » May 23rd, 2014, 3:30 pm

Take a look at the latest Boat US magazine. Pg 53 is a Carver redo of cabinets. Very Impressive. Do not want to show my wife.
The Yacht Valhalla
Canyon Lake Yacht Club
Canyon Lake AZ

United States of America
tc'sbackporch
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1987 carver 4207

Postby tc'sbackporch » October 6th, 2016, 7:00 pm

tfti wrote:Source of the post I am currently contemplating updating my cabinets on my 4207 keeping the teak outer frame with frosted glass inserts. The interior of my boat is warm and comfortable but I may redo it completely. It currently feels like a log cabin and I think a redo to more like beach house will be a nice change.

we was thinking of doing this also on our 4207 did you ever do it

Return to “The Project Center”