Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Water Maker Booster Pump

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
mikekomm
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 4207

Water Maker Booster Pump

Postby mikekomm » February 9th, 2014, 11:12 pm

My 1989 Carver 4207 has a water maker that was using a Vantage Marine booster pump that has gone south. Both the motor and pump look to be rusted solid. Anyone know what might be other sources than Vantage marine to buy a replacement motor/pump? It's just a Baldor motor with a pump mounted on the end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MissWhit's
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Re: Water Maker Booster Pump

Postby MissWhit's » February 12th, 2014, 11:25 am

Mike, Attached is a link to Baldor and they have a where to buy button. http://www.baldor.com/default.asp. I would bet the motor is not special and considered "off the self" and using the data plate you should be able to match it up. Baldor motorsnore sold in so many places it is impossible to recommend just one. I have even found used ones on EBAY that had no problems. The big issue you will face is the pump that is bolted on the end. Hope there is some sort of data on it somewhere.
MissWhit's
Lake Texoma, Denison TX
Port: EYC Marina
2001 406 twin 380HP 454 MPI

Thomasberry
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Thomasberry » April 21st, 2015, 3:39 am

You can repair that pump, but if you get the overall pump replace then it would be much more better. I agree though the motor and the pump is little expensive, but it will be good if you replace it.

Wzdr02
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver 4207 w/CAT 3208TA

Postby Wzdr02 » October 23rd, 2016, 10:23 pm

What kind of water maker? Where were all of the components located? Pictures please??

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”