Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

considering 1984 3207

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author
aviator
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

considering 1984 3207

Postby aviator » August 25th, 2013, 10:20 pm

Hello all.
I'm considering the purchase of a 1984 3207 as a live-aboard for 1 initially with a dog and female companion added in that order within a short period of time lol... I'm curious about any known trouble spots/ problems with these vessels? anything I should watch for? I saw the sweet interior refit for built in TV that a member did that was exactly like the mod i was thinking of doing based on the pics of the 3207s I've looked at.
however my main concern at the moment is getting the boat... I should mention that I'm in the great lakes area...
any input you folks may have to offer would be appreciated.

SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 CARVER 456 MY
Full Bridge and aft deck enclosure
Originally purchased in Staten Island
Second owner also purchased in Staten Island in 2012
Now berthed in Toronto Canada
A wonderful and fully appointed luxury yacht.

Re: considering 1984 3207

Postby SHEMP » August 25th, 2013, 11:00 pm

In my opinion, the 3207 is too small for Living aboard, especially year round. You didn't mention if you are going to winter on it.
You will find that you need a lot more room for people pets and stuff. Perhaps before you buy , you can look at some 40 plus ft boats , just to be on the safe side.

tinbanger00
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1983 3207 aft cabin

Postby tinbanger00 » August 30th, 2013, 3:32 pm

we have a 83' 3207 and love it ...just the wife and I plus 1 hairy dog.....we are on it all summer long at least 4-5 days per week and we live within ten miles of the boat.....go home ,cut grass, pay a few bills then back to the marina....we are located on lake huron.
the only drawback that I can think of is their is no dinette, if the weather is poor we have to use the coffee table, other than that its a great boat except for the fuel economy...if I was to upgrade I would go with diesels (think trawler)

Dpoelstra
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Dpoelstra » September 9th, 2013, 2:11 am

I'm living on my 3007, which is the same minus the aft head. There is a lot of living space for a 30 or 32 footer, but there are lots of up the steps and down the steps, and not a lot of closet space for living aboard. What I miss is a queen size bed, as these boats only have twins in the aft, or the V berth. Water tanks are good, holding tank is barely adequate for a live aboard , and I am by myself. The shower is small, but is a big guy, so I use the marina showers, which are great where I am.

Don't worry about those who say you must live on a 40 plus footer...rubbish! These boats have a lot of room for a boat this size.
Dan
"Brown Eyed Girl"
1981 Carver 3007 30ft. Aft Cabin
Huntington Harbour, Ca

"But why's the rum gone....?"

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”