I HAZ MODORZZZZ!!!!!!!!
Thats right, after months of tearing stuff apart I am finally going back together. Motors were sourced from http://www.marinepowerusa.com
. Top notch service. Ordered on Friday, had them Tuesday morning. These are brand new, off of GM's assembly line motors that have been marinized with marine head gaskets, water pumps, casting plugs and a flywheel for top mount starters. It also included a harmonic balancer and crank position sensor though I won't be using the sensor.
The owner of the marina I'm at was nice enough to let us use a whole other slot beside my boat for a work station. It's not the most organized set up but we worked pretty efficiently with what we had.
With the help of my first mate/bilge rat we went to work cleaning and painting everything before bolting it back on. Any hardware that could be replaced was, I bet I have $100 in just miscellaneous nuts and bolts.
After two solid days of work this was the result. From 20 feet away the motor looks brand new. It's hard to get the wiring harness and hoses looking as good as the rest of it but those are things that can slowly be replaced later on once I'm in the water.
After much begging at 4pm, we were able to get a forklift to come over and drop the motor into the hull for us. I know I should be feeling some relief but everytime I do I'm reminded that I have to do everything I just did, all over again.
If I keep saying that I'll be in the water in 3 weeks, I'll eventually be right. So far I have one more big parts order to put in and I should be ready to start detailing it and get her in the water. At least I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.