Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum
We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com
You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
- Scurvy Dog
- Posts: 6
- Joined: November 10th, 2013, 11:53 am
- Vessel Info: 1990 Carver 3087 Alegra
I just recently purchased a project yacht - 3087 Allegra Carver. The boat needs a fair amount of detailing (pressure washing and buffing). The hours are roughly 500 hrs with twin 454 with Bravo drives. Been boating most all my life and understand the many concerns of this boat and its mechanical. I purchased it at a firesale price and can tell that the boat is more about neglect than anything. I was able to fire one engine, and the other I am told has a starter or wire connection issue. The drives had been serviced two-three years ago and the engine area is bone dry. Considering we are in one of the wettest regions and the boat is outside in the weather with just a toneau cover I was surprised.
I have a few questions, I would like to ask as I have owned a single drive boat for years, and not a Carver yacht.
1. I noticed both motors have power sterring units, but only one has a belt to it. Can anyone tell me if it is typical to have only one power sterring pump functioning, or shoud both be hooked up?
2. Is there a good source to find parts for this Yacht such as a bimini top or full top?
3. Aside from Craigs list, is there any good suggested sites for finding other parts for this boat - ie: generator, windlass, or other?
Thank you for any info you can pass along.
- CYO Moderator
- Posts: 2135
- Joined: February 5th, 2013, 9:24 pm
- Vessel Info: 1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glaspar / 1969 Johnson Electrmatic 85
1964 Barron Flat bottom drag boat
A couple of dinghies
- Location: Saint Joseph and Trenton, MI
- Has thanked: 44 times
- Been thanked: 331 times
2) You may be able to buy from Carver, but crazy money I am sure. Find a local canvas shop and they will make you a nice new one.
3) I use ebay an awful lot. Sometimes prices are cheaper at Defender, but rarely. Set up a watch list and you will get emailed whenever a new item pops up. Saves a ton of time.
Oh, and welcome to the forum.
1964 Barron Flatbottom with BBC Chevy
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572s
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests