Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Fresh Water Pump Recommendations - to many options...

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
amanphoto
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: carver mariner 350

Fresh Water Pump Recommendations - to many options...

Postby amanphoto » August 8th, 2018, 12:32 pm

I'm looking for a replacement fresh water pump for my Mariner 350. My current pump is still operational but it is getting nosier and nosier. Especially as the fresh water holding tank nears empty. I would like to replace it with a more robust and quieter pump. I will still intend on using my faulty water pump for winterization of my fresh water system via the city water connection. That being said, I'm looking for a pump to service 3 faucets and a shower.

My current pump is a ShurFlo diaphragm pump model 2088-423-344 (2.8 GPM & 45 psi). It's from 2003, and it's held up fairly well over the past 15 years. Technology has changed and I'm sure there is something better out there.

But what? All the reviews I read say this pump is noisier or that pump only lasted one year then seized up. With out buying 20 different pumps installing them and trying them out I don't what to buy. I relying on your experience to recommend a quality replacement pump that will last another 15 years or do they not make them the way the use to?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Canada
Simone Sable
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 350 Mariner

Re: Fresh Water Pump Recommendations - to many options...

Postby Simone Sable » August 10th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Just installed a Jabsco. Much quieter and is working great. Did it 4 weeks ago on our 1999 Mariner
Carver 350 Mariner

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”