Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Carver Owner

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
wilsonballew
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

New Carver Owner

Postby wilsonballew » May 11th, 2014, 7:53 am

Hi Folks:

Just purchased a 1983 Carver Riviera 2807 Aft Cabin. Boat will be transported from Maine to Maryland next week. Looking forward to getting the boat and doing some preliminary re-commissioning work. The boat has been in storage for 18 months and although it was properly stored/winterized/shrink wrapped and bottom painted, it will need a complete once over. I took a risk purchasing the boat off of pictures, maintenance/repair receipts, discussions with the owner and marina where it has been kept and maintained, without benefit of a survey; I paid far below BUC "poor" condition value for the boat, even though I feel the boat is in good condition, I have room to make any repairs [within reason] and still stay within the boat's market value. The boat was seaworthy and in-the-water/used prior to going into storage. Long story, but the owner broke his hip and has never fully recovered which is why the boat has not come out of storage.

Depending on what I discover when the boat is delivered and unwrapped, I will either have gotten a really good deal and be pleasantly surprised :-P OR I will be singing the "boat owners two happiest days" song :banghead: . I'll post after the unwrapping ceremony.

United States of America
AaHubb
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: '99 404 CPMY
my twin diesel pusher

Re: New Carver Owner

Postby AaHubb » May 11th, 2014, 11:17 am

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have good luck with the boat purchase.
'99 404 CPMY
SeaDragon

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glaspar / 1969 Johnson Electrmatic 85
1964 Barron Flat bottom drag boat
A couple of dinghies

Re: New Carver Owner

Postby waybomb » May 11th, 2014, 6:32 pm

Our first boat was a new 88 Riviera. These are great boats. Engine maintenance can be a pain. When you have to do it plan ahead. Do lots of things all at one. Then pull all the seating, the port seat platform, and all the floor boards off the boat. Makes things easy and quick
Thanks
Fred
1964 Barron Flatbottom with BBC Chevy
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572s
http://s4.beta.photobucket.com/user/waybomb/library/
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”