Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Replace ladder to flybridge with steps

Topic author Canada
jmilesII
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1977 Carver Mariner

Replace ladder to flybridge with steps

Postby jmilesII » September 21st, 2022, 10:08 pm

Hi all

1977 Carver Mariner

Hate the ladder going up

I don’t mind keeping and storing it, but I have got to have some steps put in instead even if a steep angle.

Anybody ever done this or similar?

I was thinking some type of stairs that can be brought out and then tucked back straight up and down if we wanted.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Replace ladder to flybridge with steps

Postby km1125 » September 22nd, 2022, 9:24 am

It would be an interesting project. You could do it like the gymnasium seating that they pull out for events.

For a while I was looking at some nice sport fisher type boats, but the big drawback was the ladder to the bridge. I was thinking the same as you, trying to see how I could modify to put in some regular steps without taking up too much of the cockpit area.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » September 22nd, 2022, 11:31 am

jmilesII wrote:Source of the post Hi all

1977 Carver Mariner

Hate the ladder going up

I don’t mind keeping and storing it, but I have got to have some steps put in instead even if a steep angle.

Anybody ever done this or similar?

I was thinking some type of stairs that can be brought out and then tucked back straight up and down if we wanted.

I actually think there is a design something like that being sold.....just don't remember where or on what make boat....I hear you on the ladder although one guy had trained his shepherd to climb the bridge ladder on his Ray..... :-O

Maybe someone has seen this also....the ladder not the dog... :-D
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Grafunkus
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1982 33' Carver Mariner
1985 3607 Carver Aft Cabin

Postby Grafunkus » September 25th, 2022, 10:09 am

Could you use an attic ladder?

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » September 25th, 2022, 10:49 am

I wonder if this might be a good place to use one of those spiral staircases they use for the aft cabins to get down to the swim platform??

United States of America
Jgodby
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: I have a 1990 Carver 4207.

Postby Jgodby » March 20th, 2023, 11:51 pm

I have a 1990 4207 and would like to replace the ladder leading from the swim platform with one of those spiral stair systems. Does anyone know where one of those could be purchased?
I bought this boat a few months ago. I absolutely love the boat except for that ladder.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » March 21st, 2023, 7:00 am

Try a marine stainless fabricator or places that do custom swim platforms, they sometimes carry a generic spiral staircase that can be adjusted for most applications. We have a place up in my neck of the woods but I don't know how practical it would be for you to order from here. Wouldn't hurt to contact them though. With the difference in the exchange rate, you can probably get it for $50 US ;-) ... https://stainlessoutfitters.com/boat-stairs/

Return to “The Project Center”