Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1990 Carver 3467/380 Steering Cylinder

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
mikeo1
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

1990 Carver 3467/380 Steering Cylinder

Postby mikeo1 » May 24th, 2024, 9:02 pm

Hi Folks-

I need information on the]steering cylinder (hydraulic ram) on the above Carver 3467/380 or similar WRT it's make, model and cubic volume (ci or cc) size

Picture of label info I guess would be just perfect

Thanks for your help-much appreciated

Mike

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Re: 1990 Carver 3467/380 Steering Cylinder

Postby Cooler » May 25th, 2024, 10:44 am

Mike, your probably going to need to get in there and inspect for yourself. Carver used a couple different sizes and types, so there is no way to be sure that one is what you will get as responses, and you don't know if a previous owner switched out. A good marine mechanic can probably recognize the arm quickly. Good luck! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Re: 1990 Carver 3467/380 Steering Cylinder

Postby Cooler » May 25th, 2024, 11:24 am

Having said that, I looked up the specs for my '95. It is Hynautic K-18 (7" stroke) or a K-19 (9" stroke). If you are experiencing a leak, they can be rebuilt. Any decent hydraulic shop can rebuild. Rebuild cost to me 4 years ago was around $200. Good luck again!
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”