Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Shower Sump holding tank/pump location

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
Tbenedik08/36SS/VPD6
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2008 36-Super Sport, Volvo Penta D6-370

Shower Sump holding tank/pump location

Postby Tbenedik08/36SS/VPD6 » July 27th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Shower sump pump stuck continuously running in my 2008 36/Super Sport. I want to check/clean the float switch, however the location of sound brings be directly under the Fwd stateroom bed which has the A/C unit in a molded fiberglass box Drain lines from the shower and Head sink run to this location. Problem is, the A/C & Bow-Thruster control unit are in the molded box, I see no easy way to access where the pump sound is coming from. There are even two smaller access holes under the bed support to left & right (of the larger A/C box) however, I see no sump holding tank only grey water & power lines. I am sure it is directly under the Bed & A/C box, but I can't get to it? Any guidance would be appreciated! :help:

United States of America
boatdave
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Currently looking for 396 Carver

Re: Shower Sump holding tank/pump location

Postby boatdave » August 13th, 2015, 3:32 pm

On my 2005 it is in the guest stateroom under the port side bed. Lift the mattress and remove the access panel and it should be there. Hopefully yours is mounted better than mine. They have it 1/4 under a stringer and it is interesting to get to but you can.......

Topic author
Tbenedik08/36SS/VPD6
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Tbenedik08/36SS/VPD6 » August 13th, 2015, 9:11 pm

Thanks, i'll give that a look, although the sound does lead me to under the master state rm bed.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » August 13th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Are there drawers on the front of the bed?

Topic author
Tbenedik08/36SS/VPD6
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Tbenedik08/36SS/VPD6 » August 14th, 2015, 9:59 pm

There are cabinet doors @ the base of the master Berth with small pocket shelves. I have not looked to see if they can be removed to gain access, but that may just be the trick. Thanks!

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » August 16th, 2015, 9:38 pm

Usually if they are meant to gain access to something, there will be screws on either side inside the cabinet be it drawers or shelves. Once the screws are removed, the entire cabinet should slide out.

Topic author
Tbenedik08/36SS/VPD6
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Tbenedik08/36SS/VPD6 » August 17th, 2015, 9:59 pm

Thanks all, mystery solved! The cabinets at the base of the bed was not the ticket as they were just a couple of shallow wooden shelves inset into molded fiberglass with no access..., however, as I was poking about, I heard a hollow sound under the rug covered floor immediately in front of the cabinet. Pulling back the rug revealed a removable access panel in the floor and wall-ah a direct (albeit difficult) access to the bow thruster motor clearly on the through-hull channel, and the nasty, never been cleaned shower sump box. A thorough cleaning later, the float switch now works fine. Thanks again

United States of America
geor0040
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2012 Carver 43 SS; VP 8.1 gas with IPS

Postby geor0040 » July 9th, 2020, 10:54 pm

I was having the same issue with my 2012 43 SS. The owners manual that came with my boat was for a 2008 model. I was not able to find anything online more recent than that. The diagrams in that owners manual indicated the sump box was under the floor in front of the V birth bed.

Knocking on the floor I could hear a hollow spot. The problem was the carpet was glued over top of this area. I bit the bullet and cut a flap in the carpet. This revealed the panel which I unscrewed. Much to my frustration there was a compartment underneath that contained absolutely nothing!

Still determined I continued my search. In the second bedroom which is starboard side on the 2012 I noticed the top step had some screws. Removing this revealed the nasty sump box.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”