Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 32 (3207) 1990 - Curtains

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Lagniappe
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1990 Carver 32 Aft, Twin Volvo Penta TAMD41B 200HP Diesels

Carver 32 (3207) 1990 - Curtains

Postby Lagniappe » March 31st, 2016, 7:59 am

Based in London, England we don't have much access to many spares or new old stock for our boat.

However, we did mange to get some new Side Vents from searayman13 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOAT-VENT-7-L ... VFicqbased in Massapequa, New York.

Anyone 'across the pond' know if we can still obtain curtains 'off the shelf' so to speak ?

Thanks & regards,

Phil

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Re: Carver 32 (3207) 1990 - Curtains

Postby Ramsport47 » April 1st, 2016, 6:34 am

Unfortunately, I don't think you'd be able to get these any longer. I think Carver keeps patterns active for about 7 years after a model ends production (which was 1990 for your boat). The best thing would be to have a local shop make them, or try it yourself. My partner made new curtains for our boat...his first attempt...and they turned out great!
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Carver 32 (3207) 1990 - Curtains

Postby Viper » April 1st, 2016, 7:30 am

Welcome aboard Phil.
What Kenny said. You can also give Carver a call but I doubt they'll have any in stock. If this is something they contracted out to a third party, they would give you the contact info you need and part numbers based on your hull number so have your hull number handy when you call. Chances are the third party manufacturer will still have patterns on file. This however while original equipment, usually tends to be pricey. I'd look locally for a seamstress that will come out, take some measurements and make them for you if it's is something you can't handle yourself.

Keep us posted and pictures are always popular here!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”