Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

88 3257 Access to water system hoses/plumbing

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
judilynn824
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver Montego 3257

88 3257 Access to water system hoses/plumbing

Postby judilynn824 » February 21st, 2015, 5:54 pm

Hi all :) I have an 88 Carver 3257 that I bought last September and after quite a bit of work, just about have it ready to live on. There is still 1 leak in the hosing/pipe from the water connection at the front of the starboard engine going back to the toilet. There is no way to get to it from the engine side and I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to access the hoses as they run from the engine hatch to the forward head.

The only real access seems to be under the dinette seat to the right of the stairs coming in to the cabin, which would require removing the seat to be able to get to the hoses. Is there an easier way?

I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who's done this kind of thing.

Thanks so much :)

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Re: 88 3257 Access to water system hoses/plumbing

Postby Ramsport47 » February 22nd, 2015, 8:30 am

There should be access hatches under the aft mattress and/or in the cabinet at the foot of the aft bed. Both of these are aft of the steps/ dinette area and should give you good access. Under the aft mattress, there is another sub-floor under the one you'll access immediately, with at least one access hatch in it.
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Topic author
judilynn824
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver Montego 3257

Postby judilynn824 » February 22nd, 2015, 1:19 pm

Thank you! I'll check that out tomorrow. The problem hose is the one that runs from in front of the starboard engine, under the captain's seat, and then under the dinette seats straight back to the toilet. There just doesn't seem to be a way to get at them.

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Postby Ramsport47 » February 23rd, 2015, 6:06 am

There should also be access panels under each dinette bench, through the floor into the bilge
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”