Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

coupler

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
bobfino
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 Carver 396

coupler

Postby bobfino » October 19th, 2015, 6:50 pm

Hello, after a great cruise this weekend I have picked up a rattle in the starboard engine. I have the Volvo Diesel D6. When I put it in gear it has a terrible rattle. Give it a little gas it goes away, I am thinking a coupler. Can anybody tell me what else it might be and also if it is a coupler, what kind of repair this is?
thanks

Topic author United States of America
bobfino
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 Carver 396

Re: coupler

Postby bobfino » October 20th, 2015, 8:11 pm

To add to the above post. looking into it a little more it is the plate not the coupler. Any input on the repair and replacement would be great full.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”