Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

280 sedan/26Command What is between fuel tank and engine room?

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

280 sedan/26Command What is between fuel tank and engine room?

Postby Phrancus » December 14th, 2020, 6:11 pm

A lay-out question:

My 280 sedan/26 command bridge has a long fuel tank underneath the floor in de cabin. Behind it there are two steps that cover two big main switches (bow thruster and engine battery a/b/ab) and a battery watch unit. The latter mounted to what seems to be the divide between cabin and engine room.

My question is: is there an opening through that wall other than for the fuel and battery lines/cables? Was the area underneath the tank designed to be flushed in some way?

The problem: the wooden floor is nailed and has only two small access panels. So I cannot take the tank out without serious destructive undertakings. But I do need to clean the area underneath the tank (diesel smell from some spillage by previous owner(s)) and I cannot see the engine room side of that wall at the moment as a big water tank is mounted there, covering all cables, hoses and wires. Very annoying.

I will take the water tank out, quite a hassle, but I'm curious to know what I will find behind it. I have found some drawings of the lay-out but such details are not in it. Like that there are small holes in the bilge that allow fluids from under the engine to flow to the middle part.

thanks for any help in this. I'll post pictures of the project, but still would appreciate some info up front as I can't spend very much time working on the boat at the moment.
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Re: 280 sedan/26Command What is between fuel tank and engine room?

Postby Cooler » December 15th, 2020, 11:38 am

Your best bet would be to contact Carver via email. Give them your hull ID number in the communication. They answer pretty quickly. They will look at your build out log. Good luck. https://www.carveryachts.com/contact/contact-us/

8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Topic author Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Re: 280 sedan/26Command What is between fuel tank and engine room?

Postby Phrancus » December 22nd, 2020, 11:05 am

thanks, unfortunately that form does not work for me, it bounces on contact details I fill in (non-US format) and also I have about 1 sentence I can fill in before it sais it's too long. And after that it returns an error.

Anyone have an email adress I can write a normal question with background info to?
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”