Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Getting Closer

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Getting Closer

Postby RGrew176 » May 6th, 2016, 2:42 am

I am getting closer to launch. The weather here has been dismal on most of my days off. I have had only 2 days that I was off work that were good enough for me to get down to the boat to prep for launch. April 23rd I managed to get my shrinkwrap off. Yesterday (May 5th) was sunny and warm enough for me to do the touch up on my bottom paint that needs to be done. There was one area that had standing water under the boat that I could not get to. Hopefully I can do that on Saturday if the rain gods keep the rain away for a couple of days. We have had a lot of rain and there are many areas with standing water still.

I decided to have the boat washed, compounded and waxed. I am hiring this out as I simply do not have the time to do it myself. I have someone scheduled to come out Tuesday (weather permitting) to detail the boat. Once that is done I will be able to launch.

As far as installing the new GPS and VHF I will do that once she is in the water. The entry doors to the salon need new varnish and I can do that either before or after launch. I will do that Saturday weather permitting.

I'm getting closer, won't be long now.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Getting Closer

Postby Viper » May 6th, 2016, 6:00 am

Bet you can't wait to get in. I just got splashed yesterday. Feels great to be back in the water.

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Postby Ramsport47 » May 6th, 2016, 6:17 am

I was going to launch this weekend, but have no one to come pick me up by car. Our trip to the marina is 2 1/2 hours and my partner has to work both weekend days late. It is supposed to rain and thunderstorm on Saturday, and Sunday was going to be the day...
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Viper » May 6th, 2016, 7:09 am

Ramsport47 wrote:Source of the post......It is supposed to rain and thunderstorm on Saturday.....

Can you do me a favour....can you keep that down there! ;-)

Canada
feeez
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2001 350 Mariner

Postby feeez » May 7th, 2016, 9:50 pm

We are going in this Thursday.... rain or shine.... sick and tired of waiting

Got the bottom paint done.... looks good!!

Fraser
Former 2001 350 Mariner owner

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » May 7th, 2016, 10:03 pm

About time eh Fraser...we have been in since Tues. just up the road from you, actually in your marina a couple times this week to see Gerry....good luck on Thurs....... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » May 8th, 2016, 2:09 am

I drove to where my boat is stored yesterday (Saturday). I finished the bottom paint touchup. I also refinished all the outside wood with Sikkens Cetol Marine Light. Looks good. A couple of spots may need another coating but I can do that after launch.

The only thing left to do is get her all shined up. I decided to hire that out and weather permitting the boat will get a good cleaning compounding and wax job on Tuesday. I am hoping to launch this week sometime. Fingers are crossed that the weather will allow the cleaning to get done.

After I launch I will install my new GPS and VHF.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

Danno66
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1981 Carver 3007

Postby Danno66 » May 8th, 2016, 2:20 am

I seriously don't know how you Midwesterners do it....I would die if I had to put my boat away half the year! !!
Dan
1981 30 ft. Carver 3007 Aft Cabin
"Brown Eyed Girl"
Stockton, CA
On the California Delta :usa:

RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » May 8th, 2016, 3:47 am

Danno66 wrote:Source of the post I seriously don't know how you Midwesterners do it....I would die if I had to put my boat away half the year! !!

I look at it this way. I probably could not afford to boat year round. The 6 months of off season allow me to put $$ aside for the boating season.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Viper » May 8th, 2016, 7:14 am

Danno66 wrote:Source of the post I seriously don't know how you Midwesterners do it....I would die if I had to put my boat away half the year! !!

I hate you ;-)

Return to “General Boating Discussion”